Kula Gallery to Tedeschi Winery
Following is a scenic drive through beautiful Upcountry Maui to the actual sites that inspired many important oil paintings by Curtis Wilson Cost. This drive begins at The Curtis Wilson Cost Gallery at the Kula Lodge on Hwy 377 and ends with a visit to Maui's Tedeschi Winery and tasting room in Ulupalakua.
- Reset your trip meter and turn right out of the Lodge parking lot heading uphill.
- At 1.5 miles you'll arrive at the site for two paintings, First Light in the Morning Air and Green Flash.
- At 1.7 miles, you'll arrive at the top of the hill. Directly after the bridge, look to your left. A driveway, now overgrown, is the site of Agapanthus for Lunch and Mutual Curiosity.
- Keep driving up the mountain. At 3.9 miles, turn left on Hwy 377.
- At 5.1 miles, just over the berm of grass on the right you'll find the painting A Quiet Moment. Park just in front of the traffic mirrors.
- At 5.6 miles, pull off in the gap in the guardrail. On the right is the site of Gathering Gold.
- At 6.6 miles, you'll come to the tiny town of Keokea where you'll find food at Grandma's Coffee House, Fong Store, and Ching Chevron.
- At 10.5 miles you'll come to Lunch in Ulupalakua on the left.
- At 12.3 miles brings you to the tasting room at Mauiís Winery.
Click here for a printable version to take along as a guide.
For more information about The Curtis Wilson Cost Gallery, please call us
at 808-878-6544 or toll free at 1-800-810-2678, or use our contact form.